Thursday, June 23, 2011

Yesterday

While at therapy with the kids I was watching and listening to the therapists chat back and forth while working with the kids.They weren't being unprofessional in any form ,but it made me think back when I worked in the nursing home and the workers would talk to each other while working with residents . Often the residents weren't able to communicate -while watching the to each other it made me think I get it now.
My kids can communicate Liza struggles but can communicate some of her thoughts. there was a boy who I will guess was autistic and non verbal and the worker was very good with him and by no means am I saying I thought they did anything wrong.. but watching them talk just made me think about the whole even if they can't respond doesn't mean they aren't hearing or understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment