Monday, June 27, 2011

Dreams

Zach has very vivid dreams and they are usually acts of violence done to him. This morning at 4:45 am I get a tap on the head mom can you talk to me for a bit...


My understanding is that both the bipolar can cause vivid dreams as can the meds he takes to control it.

He had me check Liza to be sure we all were ok..His dream was so real he thought he was outside laying on the ground bleeding from a stab wound.
Poor kid he struggles with social skills anyway and they have to haunt his dreams ...

I poured a strong cup of coffee and listened to him spill out how he was dreaming he was walking to friends house and guy jumped out of the bushes and attacked him and then headed to the house to get me.

After he calmed down with the assurance I was here to keep things safe he went back to sleep..

It makes me think of when I was at home and would get up in the middle of the night if I was scaredc or something and mom would get up and sit with me.

There is nothing like a mothers love and her ability to fight off the unseen demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment